The Mentis Group is looking to add to our growing and fast paced team! The Business Development Specialist is responsible for prospecting potential new clients and working with ownership to close IT sales contracts. This includes actively calling prospects over the phone, networking, working with the marketing department on marketing initiatives, and assisting the account managers in helping close deals. Developing and maintaining relationships with key customer personnel and identifying and consulting on client needs/issues/solutions to grow the business is essential.
We are a company renowned and established for more than 20 years. Our passion is to build infallible, predictable and efficient IT infrastructures to enable our customers to achieve their business objectives. Your role as an in-house sales representative is nothing less than the most important position within our organization. You are at the heart of our client acquisition engine.
- Make between 80 and 100 calls per day to build and manage a pipeline of prospects
- Make outbound calls to speak with decision makers at businesses that fit our target
demographic, in our target market, gathering information on every call
- Setting 3 SOLID appointments/wk.
- Participate in a continuing education program and be actively involved in a community of
professionals in the same position
- Identify decision makers in target organizations.
- Follow-up with prospects and manage a lead pipeline.
- Entry of all call activity into our CRM tool and updating our prospects database.
- Mastering our “No Sales” process.
How Success Is Measured:
To track our success we use a series of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to track the effectiveness of the team or individual. These KPI’s should be understood and will be reported on regularly.
- Prospecting Calls Weekly
- Marketing Outreach Monthly
- Networking Events Monthly
- Appointments Booked Weekly
- Deals Closed Monthly
- Demonstrated ability to exceed established performance targets.
- Exceptional communication skills and telephone personality, high energy.
- Highly motivated ‘self-starter’ with a strong work ethic and hunter instinct.
- Detail oriented and sales focused
- A sense of humor and positive attitude.
- Education: Minimum associate or bachelor’s degree (or equivalent job experience)
- 1+ years of successful business to business sales experience
- Proven ability to reach, access and secure meetings with appropriate decision makers
- Base Salary + Activity Bonuses + Commission
- Excellent benefits including, health, vision, dental, and 401K
- Opportunity for professional advancement
- Opportunity to work with a hard-working, fun, team of experts
- We invest hours each week into training you for success