Mentis Group is looking for a computer and networking professional to join our team of superstars as an IT Help Desk Support. This position is for a technically talented, detail oriented and ambitious individual with a strong desire to learn and grow, both technically and as a professional. Team players, only. Our support team is currently working mostly remote, with some on-site visits required. Health and safety is a top priority.
**At least 1 years of previous MSP (Managed Services Provider) experience is preferred, or as the sole IT support technician for all aspects (workstations, servers, and network) of a small business network environment.**
As an MSP, Mentis Group supports the IT environments of multiple companies. The environments can vary in terms of size and complexity. As such, the pace and demands are much greater than an in-house IT position supporting one company.
- At least 2 years experience providing technical (hardware and software) support of computers, servers and network devices in a corporate environment
- Help Desk experience preferred
- Ability to adhere to service delivery metrics and expectations
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation schedule
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license
- Personal insured automobile
- Associates degree or comparable collegiate and/or trade school experience or equivalent work experience
Working Knowledge Required
- Workstation operating systems e.g., MAC, Windows 10
- Workstation productivity / operations application administration e.g., Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, etc.
- Windows Server operating systems and related components
- Cloud Environment management e.g., AWS, Azure, etc.
- Microsoft Office 365 administration and deployment
- PC, server and networking hardware understanding and experience
- Networking technologies. TCP\IP, LAN, WAN, VPN, Datacenter, Cloud
- Firewalls e.g., Meraki, SonicWALL, Cisco ASA, VPN, etc.
- Switches e.g., VLAN, SNMP, STP, etc.
- Wireless solutions and implementation/troubleshooting
- Enterprise Storage Area Network / NAS
- Provide both reactive and proactive support of desktop, server, and network issues for our clients in a Help Desk\Remote Help Desk environment.
- Adhere to company defined service delivery metrics and expectations
- Desire and enthusiasm for working primarily workstation tickets / issues daily, yet with the skill and experience to also troubleshoot and resolve Windows Server and network related tickets when required
- Provide a high level of customer service with a positive attitude at all times
- Articulate technical information clearly and simply to non-technical people
- Work reactive issues (Client submitted or monitoring generated) remotely and onsite as needed within committed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Pay close attention to detail while performing technically detailed tasks
- Deals effectively with stressful situations focusing on the best outcome for the Client
- Has a willingness to recognize when it is necessary to ask for technical expertise from others without unnecessarily burdening other team members
- Complete IT projects outside of the Help Desk when required
- Assist Project Engineers on larger projects
- Self-motivated and is self-directed when necessary
- DAILY time entry and metrics evaluations
- Any other assigned duties
- Enjoys personal interaction with and helping Clients
- Receives positive Client feedback, considered responsive, reliable, knowledgeable, and diligent
- Receives positive internal staff feedback, considered responsive, reliable, knowledgeable, and diligent
- Performs accurate and timely time entry
- Focused on lowering Average Response Time
- Focused on lowering Average Resolution Time
- High Client Facing Utilization
- Mentors new Engineers’